Buying jewellery online, especially expensive gemstones or precious metals can be a very risky business and costly if you get it wrong. Before you make a final decision on your purchase, make sure that you are dealing with a reputable company.What you should know before buying jewelry or any other products at an online store! Click To Tweet
You will find a few tips here that will help you when buying anything online. A few simple checks will ensure that you get the desired product with little fuss and have an enjoyable online shopping experience. First of all, it’s important that your chosen company has a good customer record. Any website should not only show the products in detail but also be easy to use and navigate. There are really no set rules but you should begin by checking a few simple details.
Investigate the company and their website.
Here are a few things that you should be aware of before buying anything online especially if the transaction involves a large sum of money.
- How many years trading and age of the website.
- Customer reviews posted at an independent website such as Trustpilot and not the company website.
- Read the company’s “Terms & Conditions” which should be published at the suppliers website and easily found.
- Make sure there is a “Returns Policy” and/or “Full money back guarantee”
- Check the company’s location and whether they have a regular address (Not a P.O. Box Number)
- Is there a telephone number that you can use to contact in case of any problems?
- Ensure that the website is secure before submitting any personal information. At the very least, you should see a small padlock 🔒 icon in the address bar.
- Check the preferred method of payment and which credit/debit cards are accepted.
- Does the website use a trusted payment gateway? (Not just PayPal)
If any of the above arouses suspicion on your part, then it’s best to avoid the particular website and look further afield.
There are numerous swindlers out there who are just after your money or credit card details and it’s easy for them to steal from you if you don’t take precautions.
Even if your purchase is only small, an unscrupulous vendor can easily use your personal information to commit fraud at a later date. Obviously, this is something that nobody ever wants to happen to them but is is quite common.
Just by making a few simple checks like those above can significantly decrease the risk of you being scammed.
Buying jewellery online from a well established company.
In addition to the above, when buying jewellery online, check the product’s authenticity.
- Gold, Silver or any other precious metal should be stamped with a hallmark which is acceptable in your own country.
- Any certified Diamond should be provided with a “certificate of authenticity”. This should include a hologram to prevent the document from being copied or forged.
If you already think that the company is well established and trustworthy, think again! I cannot stress enough the importance of customer feedback. As a test, try searching for a company that you believe is OK at Trustpilot. You might be surprised at what recent customers have to say.
Affiliate companies at Ringmania
Please note that any link that you follow at our own website will take you directly to one of our affiliate partners. From there any transaction you make is with that company and you should read their policy before completing your order. We have wherever possible affiliated with only reputable companies by carrying out similar checks to those mentioned above.
If for any reason you have or have had a bad experience with any company that we have included at our site, please let us know. We take customer satisfaction very seriously and will remove any affiliate links in the event of a genuine complaint.
If you in any doubt or need help in deciding on the best companies to buy jewellery online, please contact me or leave a comment below and I will do my best to help out. You can also share this post with your friends on social media using the buttons provided.